Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Cookie Turkeys

I saw this on Pinterest and I couldn't wait for Thanksgiving to make them!!

Here is the original post: http://7thhouseontheleft.com/2010/10/gobble-gobble-gobble/

Mine didn't come out quite as cute as the originals, but I think they are still pretty good. The differences I did: I used Mike N Ikes instead of Jelly Bellys and I used regular M&Ms instead of mini's, although, for this one I would recommend using the mini's because I think the regular sized M&Ms made their eyes too big. Also, she said to use regular Reese's PB Cups, but I used the big ones because they were more stable and provided more room to add the candy corn at the top.

Oh, and also, I just used chocolate graham crackers as the base. The blog says you can order the circle wafers online, but I thought that was a lot to go through just to get a cookie. Plus, the graham cracker gave me room to add letters so I could use them as the place cards for seating arrangements around the dinner table!

I would also recommend putting them in the fridge for a bit to set the frosting right after adding the face on the cookie. It will make things much easier. I didn't take too many pictures because putting it together is pretty self explanatory.




And here is the one from the website above. See, much better. Just need some practice I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment