Monday, November 7, 2011

Today I am Thankful for.... Cooking Abilities

There aren't really too many things I will admit to be very good at. I'm sure I'm good at things, I just don't like to say so because I'm afraid people will think I'm bragging. Or worse, people will ask me to do something and it won't be as good as I said it was.

I don't feel this way about cooking. I love food. Everything about food from the way it smells to the taste to the way it makes you feel. Food brings people together. Food is universal. What you eat may differ from region to region, country to country, but the idea behind food, the emotions, the familial table, that is universal.

I love cooking and baking and I'm good at it. I can create my own recipes when I want and 90% of the time, they turn out really yummy. I'm thankful I was blessed with this ability (and I'm sure my husband is too!). I love that I can create something that brings people together. I'm thankful that when I am craving Chinese food, I can rummage my cupboards and throw something together. Most of all, I'm thankful for the food and other cooking items in my cupboards. Kitchens are the new heart of the home and I definitely feel blessed to have my heart in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment