Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Project 3: Crafting for Baby Kathryn's room

 I actually saw a lamp I really liked for Kathryn's room, but it was very expensive. I had already purchased quite a bit of this cute princess fabric for a project I ended up abandoning, so that is what inspired me to do this lamp recovering.

1. I bought a fairly cheap lamp at Target
2. I removed the pom-poms at the bottom of the top tier. Since these shades are perfectly round, it was easy enough to just measure it around directly and cut out the piece I needed.  I had to double up my fabric because it was a bit thin and you could see the original pattern through it. I laid the fabric in place and hot glued all the way around and up the crease.

3. I repeated the process for the bottom shade too.  Pretty cute, right?










No comments:

Post a Comment