Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Project 1: Crafting for Baby Kathryn's room!

The first project I made for my upcoming little girl's room was a canvas initial.  This was a super easy project.

1. Just get a canvas the size you want. The one I used is 8x8 and I picked it up pretty cheap at Aaron Brothers. I think you can get them at Michaels too.
2. Paint it the color you want.
3. Add the initial in a different material. I've seen people use buttons and that is SUPER cute. I had these little flowers in my scrapbooking stuff, and they were the perfect color.
4. Definitely lay out your letter first. That way you get the spacing right and you know it will look like how you want it to look.

5. Once you have it mapped out, take it off the canvas and brush on some Mod Podge. Just do small sections at a time so it doesn't dry out.


Anytime you can get your 3-year-old to "help" I highly recommend it. It really helps things move along nicely :0)
 
 6. After I had Mod Podged my canvas and added a few decorative details, I had my handy hubby drill a couple holes in the top so I could hang it.

7. Hang it up and admire your work!  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment