Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bad Blogger... :0(

So I've decided that I have not been a very good blogger lately. There really hasn't been too much going on around here. Well, not worth blogging about; there is always something going on around here!!

JJ just turned three months old on Monday and I am amazed at how fast it has gone by already. He is still the light of my life and I cannot imagine life without him. I've been back at work for two weeks now and I hate it. That's not fair, I still love my job and I love my co-workers, but I hate that I can't be with JJ during the day. I feel much better that he's with my mother-in-law than with a stranger, though. We are very lucky to have her so close and available. Plus, she loves being a grandmother, so she really enjoys spending the day with him. One of these days I'll be able to work from home. I haven't quite figured out how exactly I'm going to do that, but I will!! :0)

During my last week of maternity leave we got most of our backyard done. We just need the grass and some outdoor furniture and we are good to go, just in time for summer!! We bought this house knowing that we would have to remodel the backyard because it was so heinous. We started doing it on our own. Gary spent many hours out there doing a lot of hard, manual labor. Finally we decided that enough is enough and we needed to just get it done. It was taking too long doing it ourselves and it would take forever to finish. We set a budget for ourselves and looked about hiring people to do it for us. It took the paver guys 3 days and now the backyard already looks 100x better! I can't wait for it to all be done so we can have BBQ's and just hang out back there. It'll be nice for JJ to have a place to play too! When I go back there, I can just imagine him riding around on a little tricycle riding or drawing chalk pictures or playing chase with Dakota. It's going to be great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment