Saturday, July 18, 2015

And Babies Don't Keep...

The last weekend in June was a pretty big weekend for us: My first born graduated from preschool and my baby girl turned 2, both events not-so-subtly reminding me how fast they are growing up (you know, because seeing it happen before my eyes on a daily basis isn't enough).
On Friday the 26th, JJ had his graduation. It was absolutely adorable, if not painfully long. Seriously, it was an hour and a half. The kids weren't the only ones losing their concentration.  But really, it was super cute. They sang songs and danced. JJ even recited a poem.



It seems like every day he just gets more and more grown up. I cannot fathom that he will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall. Not even the Fall, you guys; August 24. I still remember when he was my little baby and now we can have conversations. Like, real conversations that make sense. He's funny and logical and loves to help. He can make himself dinner (with help, of course). I know it won't be long before he's off in his own world, listening to music in his room, not wanting to hang out with mom. He's such a good kid with the best personality. He can make friends at the drop of a hat. I often envy his personality, to be honest. I know things will change the farther into school he gets, that's just natural, but I hope he can hold onto his light as much as possible. He likes to remind me that he's a kid and doesn't really like it when I tell him he'll always be my baby, but he will always be my baby. Someday he'll understand.
The day after JJ's graduation, Kathryn turned 2. TWO!! I feel like I just brought her home from the hospital! She is a little spitfire, let me tell you. She's funny and sassy and quite stubborn and defiant. She's still a snuggler and she melts my heart whenever she speaks. She copies her big brother in everything (for better or worse). The more she talks, the more grown up she seems. She has the whole world in front of her and I have a feeling she's going to take advantage of every opportunity that comes her way!



No comments:

Post a Comment