Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Big development in speech!

Two things happened today that may not seem like a big deal to most people, but when your child has a speech delay and you can actually see the progress, it's huge! I am ecstatic today!!

First:
I noticed a scrape on JJ's elbow.
Me: "What happened to your elbow?"
JJ: "I fell down at the park. I was crying I fall down at the park."
*not perfect grammar, but two sentences nonetheless!! We are happy to get three word phrases out of him, so this is a big deal!

Then:
At the park with my mom, a little girl walked up to him and asked his name. Normally, he would no say anything, but this time he told her "JJ" and then pointed at her and said "You?" And she told him her name.

And finally on the car ride home:
JJ: "so dark"
Me: "Yes, it's getting dark because when the sun goes down, the moon comes up."
JJ repeats what I said.
JJ: "sun is so hot."
Me: "Yep. What about the moon?"
JJ: "Um, the moon is so cold!"
*this wasn't a speech development thing, I just thought it was really cute! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment