Sunday, December 30, 2012

Best Anniversary Present ever

I don't like to brag, but I like to think I gave my husband the best anniversary present ever (actually, it was for both of us).
 
As you know, we've been trying for a few months now to get pregnant. We had one unsuccessful pregnancy in July and since then its just been a waiting game.
 
I've been tracking my days religiously, calculating time days. I had a system down pat. We had a schedule and we were going to keep it no matter what. I've never been so in-tuned with my body.
 
I was also still pretty cautious. I'm not a fan of disappointment (who is?) and that single line on a preggo test is about as disappointing as they come. I'm also not a fan of waiting, but I was resolved to not take a single test until after I was supposed to get my period. No matter how much I wanted to know, it wasn't going to happen. I was going to wait so there was no question.
 
For a few days starting, I don't know, October 16 or 17, I was feeling very blah. I was tired a lot. Falling asleep when I got home from work and then falling asleep for the night around 8:30. I have a lot of half-watched shows on my dvr right now. It is not totally unusual for me to be tired since I work such crazy hours (5am to 1:30pm), but to take a nap and go to bed early is a bit excessive. I was also hungry all the time and just generally not feeling well. I knew it in my gut that I was going to get a positive test.
 
The timing was great, actually, because it was Thursday night and the next day was my 4th wedding anniversary. My husband was out watching the Thursday night football game. I knew it was early (I wasn't due to start my period until Monday) but I thought if it came out negative I'd just go back to the original plan and try again on Monday. If it was positive then Great! It turned out to be positive. And not just a faint is-it-there-or-not second line, but it was an instant dark no-doubt-about-it second line. Honestly, I was surprised. I wasn't really expecting a positive, but I was elated! I was also kinda glad my husband was not at home because I don't know if I would have been able to keep it a secret from him until the next day.
 
Friday morning I took another test (the box came with two: one regular and one digital). I took the digital test Friday morning and of course it was still a "+Yes" and I was just as elated. I put both tests in a little envelope I made and attached a card for my husband telling him Happy Anniversary. Inside I wrote a note and said, "I can't wait to make the three of us four."
 
He called me at work and was so thrilled.
 
We are feeling so blessed right now!! But it is going to be hard to keep it a secret until after 12 weeks... That seems so far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment