Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mickey Mouse Invites

Honestly, I was hoping these invites would turn out a bit cuter, but I still like them. And again, they are very easy to make!

Using the same circle cutter from the last project, or another circle cutter, cut out three circles for each invitation. I made the ears 4-1/2" and the head 5" to fit the square envelopes I found. Glue the ears to the head on the back.
 Next, I opened a document in Word and created a blank circle (Insert Shape). It allows you to set you shape size, so I selected a size just smaller than my head circle and typed in all the party info. Leave the edge of the circle on the document so when you print it out, you can see where to cut. Then just paste it onto your invite.
 Next, I used my Cricut (GREAT product if you do any sort of paper crafting. Consider it an investment or ask for it for a gift. I love mine!). I cut out the letters for my word. I've heard tell of a Cricut product that you can hook up to your computer and the letters you type can be attached to make one word that gets cut out for you. I haven't seen it anywhere, so I don't know if they make it anymore, but as I was making this project, I wish I had it. If you have another way to do the lettering that doesn't take so much pasting individual letters, please feel free to use your method!
 Put the lettering on the back of the ears so you can see them when they are folded down.
 Put the Mickey Mouse letters on the inside of your ears so when your guest opens his invite, it unveils to be a Mickey Mouse shape!
OK, The invites are out! Get ready to party!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment