Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mickey Mouse Ears

Welcome to the first in a series of Mickey Mouse-themed crafts and snacks (thanks to my two-year-old's obsession with "stickey" and his birthday party being this past weekend).  I meant to do one of these a day leading up to the party but I got busy. THEN I was going to do one a day after the party, but **shocker** I was still busy... But it's better late than never!!

Part of the favors I made for the kids were little Mickey Mouse ears, and I can't stress to you enough how easy these were.

I started with pre-stiffened felt. I didn't even know this stuff existed. I was going to buy regular felt and fuse two pieces together with heavy duty interfacing. The pre-stiffened stuff was a little bit more expensive than the regular felt, but when you factor in the fact that you don't have to buy the interfacing and it is a quicker process, the extra 70 cents per sheet is worth it.

 Next, I used my Fiskars circle cutter (at $15 at Joann's, it is an inexpensive tool that will be used a lot. It makes perfect circles from 1" diameter up to 8"). It is also very easy to use. Just set your measurement, hold down the middle and spin!  I made my circles 5".

Next, fold down a small portion of the circle and add a little hot glue and stick it to your headband. My headbands were already black, but you could easily buy any color and cover it with black ribbon.


Aren't these cute? I added some red polka dot ribbon to make Minnie ears too.


Happy Crafting!

Stay tuned for more Mickey fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment