Thursday, January 24, 2013

Baby paranoia....

They say you are more relaxed with your second pregnancy because of the whole "been there, done that" thing. I would like to say that, for me at least, this is so far from the truth! For some reason I am quite paranoid about this pregnancy.

At least when I had the "morning" sickness, it was a sign to me that I was in fact preggo. I have been over that for quite some time now, but I'm still at the stage where the baby is too small to feel moving around. I have to say, it really freaks me out. Has anyone felt like this? I mean, I know I'm pregnant. My waist line is a dead giveaway to that! But without the consistent and definite kicks, it's hard for my head to get it.

They say that 2nd timers can feel the baby moving sooner because they know what they are feeling this time. My problem is I honestly don't remember what the initial movements felt like or when I started feeling them. Every once in a while I think I feel the baby moving around in there, but then I don't really know, do I? I start to think I'm making myself believe it. I remember when I was farther along in my pregnancy and the baby was kicking and moving like crazy and there was no doubt it was a human being inside my belly fighting my insides for space (and winning. Especially against my ribs and lungs...). 

I have an ultrasound on Tuesday. The big one. The one where they use the ultra super hi-tech machine and look at all the bones and organs and such. The one where we can find out if we are having another little boy or breaking the Weber trend and finally adding a girl to the mix. I'll just about be at the half-way point and I can't wait to see my little baby again on that monitor. In the meantime, I'll try to concentrate and focus the flutters he or she is making in this temporary little home.

No comments:

Post a Comment